Friday 13 April 2012

Dèjà Vu

Head's pounding with the echoes of voices
While the feeling of dèjà vu washes over me,
Even though I had made different choices,
I've come back to earth with harsh gravity.

I stood there while the accusations were made and,
I promised myself before that this wouldn't happen,
But still it has, because I keep lending a helping hand,
Never do I seem to learn from answers for how, why and when.

So again I hold my heart to keep it from breaking,
But it hurts more as the flashback pops in,
On comparing the scenario with this suffering,
I feel the grasp over my fragile heart loosen.

Last time, victim or criminal? I myself had the doubt,
But now I know and will stand up for myself,
And voice it out before my dignity comes crashing out,
Under the bricks of trust that I earned for myself.

So I won't lie to myself and admit these crimes,
So that the true criminal can walk free,
So that in his laughter I can burn many times,
And regret the blame I bore to keep him from being guilty.

No matter how you see it, the world is round,
And no matter who you trust they'll still keep reminding,
and assuming what you portray with your every sound,
Only to make everyday a dèjà vu that you're living.

No comments:

Post a Comment