Saturday 10 March 2012

Heart Breaker

My head burns with the letters in my hand,
A situation, a confrontation that I hadn't planned.
Its just me and myself with these memories,
Of an imperfect angel or heart-breaker at peace.

A past, present and future I hold within
In all of which I seem to break their hearts
Even though memories are erased
This I can see, feel, as a stranger, the things they've faced

A beautiful fairy-tale past filed with innocence,
Without a streak of betrayal, or anything in that sense,
And as that shifted through the test of time,
I felt it decay, shift towards accusations and crime.

Guess what goes around comes right back to you,
So it is now my turn to be used too,
And then too for them my drop of love
And their ocean of love means this world and above.

This college sweetheart that I am is another role,
Let me tell you now that I'm considering another
That of a true lover, of sincere years that'll roll,
Still unsure but knowing I'l break 'something'...just never bother

It has all come down to this lonely night,
Holding proof that I change colors at every sight,
Something I never wanted to be but have become
This monster desperate for love, for more that's yet to come.

As the words burn, marking my present,
Keeping the future unraveled, the love to be lent,
I found out the price a heart-breaker has to pay
 Is an aching heart, insecurity and ignorance to what my victims have to say.








2 comments:

  1. Nicely written, Priya. The dualities of strong emotions can often be overwhelming. You have captured the dilemma so beautifully. Most people feel the same way but are neither able to express it nor acknowledge it. Keep at it, my friend.

    PS: Be gentle with the hearts, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much, it truly strikes my thinking chords :) however i just put myself in the shoes of people i know and write on their behalf...i agree that hearts are fragile. Here's another from a guy's mind:
    http://soulorb.blogspot.in/2012/02/reason.html

    thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete