Wednesday 21 March 2012

Star-Lit


There was a star so bright,
It could be recognized from others at far sight.
But for me, I’m different, was bind and couldn’t see it,
And just couldn’t bother to notice why my life was star-lit.

It travelled with me at night, at day,
Through thick and thin, through dangers at bay,
Tried to tell me that it was always there for me,
Could understand what I was going through, but still I couldn’t see.

Like a moon adorned by a ring of stars I did,
Around and with my amulet of stones so precious, hid,
But now and then peered out to show it was still there,
Saying that this, the way I, wasn’t the way to live…but I still didn’t care.

My life went on with silent screams and secret scars,
And the endless thoughts in my mind ended with wars.
Damaging myself more and more I always pushed away,
The gentle hand it offered, triggering it…the time had come to obey.

Deciding that it had gone too far, it took to its mind,
To change the way I looked at life, with its most kind,
Caring, gentle and thoughtful ways it did change my view,
Not only that but moulded me into someone new.

Still not aware that it knew what I felt before,
I injured it, harmed it, rekindled the wound of its core,
Until one day I regretted what I did and punished myself.
...It was also a four pointed star, like me, unique by itself.

Was me in everything it did, said and felt,
But unlike me…it overcame what I couldn’t and had it dealt.
It turned into a fine five pointed star one day and with it,
Me transformed now understood why  my life was star- lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment