Monday 27 February 2012

My True Hero


I check myself in the mirror before I walk out,
It’s a new day, a new fight, and eyes filled with doubt
I walk on forth, chin up even though you aren't here
To see what I've become in the years you weren't here.

All I wanted, was you to stand beside me,
Watch me grow, to love and just to be,
Someone I could call my dad and hero,
Not a coward i was ashamed of when I watched you go.
 
Read this wish-list carefully and know,
What role you’re supposed to play and what you owe
To me as your little girl ever since she could tip-toe
And what went into her mind with your every ‘no’

I wished for Sundays at lakes fishing
For piggy-bank rides against the sunset,
For enough love to keep me wishing
That I’d make you proud and never to upset.

For you to say I’m pretty before prom night,
For you to help me make my first meal for mom,
For me to hold you and her so tight,
And to always see you both together in my sight

To yearn to grow as tall as you,
To hold your hands over the piano
To sing me to sleep like I always wanted you to,
To confide in you and expect a hug when I’m low.

But I guess you turned out to be the opposite,
And I don’t regret that my life has no role for you,
But I do regret my dreams and marvel your wit,
To think, after all this, that I may still want to live with you

I found my real hero in mum thanks to you,
And never did I miss you for all my wishes she fulfilled
Now you got me thinking if I ever wanted you,
Hell, no, she’s the only family I need to live free-willed

If you could see me now,
See the warrior your little girl turned out to be,
But never be proud, no don’t you dare,
Call yourself my hero, because even after all this, you’re still not here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment