Friday 17 February 2012

Awaiting the Rain

A fuzzy faint light breaks through the horizon,
Highlighting the dew drops so fragile,
Moving over so gracefully, in my vision,
To fall upon my damp pillows and covers in  a pile.

Those heavy salvation laden skies,
Creep mischievously into my view,
Anxious for the downpour and my frantic eyes,
Wait brimming with their own waters so new.

The wind whispers a song, the trees rustle,
Unaware of the language, people bustle,
But me, I'm frozen, glued to the pane,
For that moment of freedom brought by rain.

Then the very first drops patter,
Shyly at first then faster and faster,
Till it muffles the voices that don't matter,
Gliding in patterns everywhere, like the master.

Air ways grow fierce by nature's unleashed element,
As I step onto the damp grass, feet bare,
I take in the wet earthly scent,
Numb to the shards of drops...would I dare?

Yes I would for nothing makes me feel safer,
Than the world wrapping me with coldness,
While clothes cling to me, skies still lure,
Into the woods and beyond, adobe of darkness.

As the evening crouches into night,
And grey lands are specked with light,
I stand tall on a meadow grinning,
My heart beaming to see my heart winning.

The roads are splashed with water-mirrors,
Momentarily cracked my insensitive footsteps,
From here, I feel my reflection with errors,
But those errors are why, I can perfect myself to depths.

   

2 comments:

  1. I love the rains.. when it comes, I abandon my work for a while and go admire its beauty from the doorway..

    ReplyDelete
  2. rain is something special for me, i hope i made a tribute through the poem... thanks leo :)

    ReplyDelete